Difference between revisions of "Wiki Loves Art 2019"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 16:12, 5 February 2019
Wiki Loves Art 2019 is a series of events and exhibitions presented by Wikimedia Community Malta in collaboration with Fondazzjoni Kreattività's Spazju Kreattiv, the M3P Foundation, the Gabriel Caruana Foundation, and the US Embassy in Malta between 25 January and 7 April 2019. Alongside the exhibitions, other activities will include a number of Wikipedia editing workshops. These events will further address the gender gap on Wikipedia whilst highlighting the work of women artists and their artistic contribution to Malta.
This initiatives building on similar work that has take place in Malta since 2016, spearheaded by Wikimedia Community Malta in collaboration with various other non-profit organizations.
Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: 2013-2018
- Space A - Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta
- 25 January - 7 April 2019
The compilation of a detailed catalogue of Fondazzjoni Kreattività’s art collection – currently stored at St James Cavalier – has been ongoing since January 2016. Apart from works of art, the project is also identifying extensive documentation relating to creative projects, including proposals, press releases, photos, reviews, videos, and other material. In 2019, the project will host a display of archived pieces acquired between 2013 – 2018, along with related workshops, information-gathering sessions and talks. The overall research and archiving project is set to be completed in 2020 as part of Fondazzjoni Kreattività’s 20th Anniversary celebrations.
Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: Art+Feminism
- Space C - Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta
- 25 January - 7 April 2019
As part of a celebration of the Art+Feminism project initiated in Malta in 2018, through a collaboration between Wikimedia Community Malta, M3P Foundation and Spazju Kreattiv, a curated exhibition shows all the works by women artists from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività collection.
- Thursday 7 February: Wikipedia Editing Workshop at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 5:30pm
- Friday 8 February: Gabriel Caruana Legacy Edit-a-thon at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 5:30pm
- Saturday 9 February: Artistic Director’s Exhibition Tour at Spazju Kreattiv Space A and Space C from 11:00am
- Wednesday 13 February: Preserving and Accessing the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Art Collection at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 7:00pm
- A conversation with artists whose work is in the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection
- Friday 8 March: Art+Feminism 2019 Edit-a-thon at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 3:30pm until 6:30pm
- Saturday 9 March: Art+Feminism 2019 Edit-a-thon at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 10:00am until 4:00pm
- Saturday, 9 March: Artistic Director’s Exhibition Tour at Spazju Kreattiv Space A and Space C from 11:00am