Talk:Wiki Loves Monuments
Welcome to the Wiki Loves Monuments talk page! The aim of this page is to discuss various aspects of the project, as the project develops. I think that the first thing that needs discussion, as emerged from our conversation during the General Introduction for New Wikipedia Editors, is the need to narrow down the types of monuments which the first edition of the competition will focus on. Please feel free to leave any feedback on the matter on this page. --Nevborg (talk) 06:14, 11 April 2016 (EDT)
We're discussing potential judges here as well as other things to do ahead of announcing this edition. --ToniSant (talk) 11:36, 29 May 2019 (EDT)
I have added Malta to list of participating countries for 2019, here. --Nevborg (talk) 11:44, 10 June 2019 (EDT)
We have to edit List of Monuments in Malta to include entries from  to ensure the list is more inclusive. --ElyseTonna (talk) 18:29, 18 April 2019 (EDT)
Decide on location, dates and details of exhibition. --ElyseTonna (talk) 18:32, 18 April 2019 (EDT)
Apply for Rapid Grant. --ElyseTonna (talk) 18:33, 18 April 2019 (EDT)
Host meet-ups associated to Wiki Loves Monuments. --ElyseTonna (talk) 18:32, 18 April 2019 (EDT)
Nomination of judges
- Planning Authority contact (Toni did not contact)
- Photography specialist : Isabella Mallia (declined)
- Non-Maltese Wikimedian: Not required in this round
- Mārtiņš Bruņenieks
- Glen Calleja
- Kurt Meli
- Russell Muscat
- Letta Shtohryn
- Enriquè Tabone
WLM 2019 Planning
- Discuss Heritage Malta's involvement with respective contacts.
- Appoint judges.
- Edit/expand list of monuments for 2019 and beyond: ahead of 1 September 2019 and again from November onwards.
- Prepare media/publicity plan by first week of August 2019.
- Apply for Rapid Grant to cover printing, publicity, prizes, and refreshments -- to be submitted as early as possible in August.
- Prepare and publish programme of activities to include contest dates, HM open day/s, meet-ups, edit-a-thon (Nov), etc.
Blurb in Maltese
Il-konkors internazzjonali fotografiku, Wiki Loves Monuments, jimmira li jippromwovi u jaqsam għarfien dwar siti ta’ wirt kulturali madwar id-dinja permezz ta’ Wikipedia u Wikimedia Commons. Din huwa l-akbar konkors tal-fotografija fid-dinja. Kull sena l-kompetizzjoni tara 'l fuq minn 300,000 ritratti miġbuda aktar minn 8,000 parteċipant minn 41 pajjiż madwar id-dinja.
Fl-2020 qed nippreżentaw il-ħames edizzjoni ta' dan il-konkors f'Malta matul ix-xahar kollu ta' Settembru. Ir-ritratti li jiddaħħlu fil-konkors jidhru f'wirja apposta f'Novembru 2020 filwaqt li l-aqwa 10 minn Malta jiddaħħlu f'kompetizzjoni internazzjonali flimkien ma' l-aqwa 10 mill-pajjiżi l-oħra kollha li jieħdu sehem.
Blurb in English
Wiki Loves Monuments is an annual international photographic competition based upon the topic of built cultural heritage. It is the largest photographic competitions in the world, registering more than 300,000 photo submissions every year from over 8,000 participants in 41 countries across the world.
2020 is the fifth year that the contest is presented in Malta throughout the month of September. All eligible photos submitted for the competition will be exhibited in November 2020 and those qualified as the top 10 will be entered into an international contest, along with the top 10 photos from all other countries participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2020. Many of the photos submitted for this contest are seen by millions of people around the world as they are often included on various Wikipedia pages.
DRAFT Judging Guidelines
Round 1: Yes/No
This is a simple yes/no selection round to eliminate any photos that:
- do not show monuments
- include recognizable individuals
- contain watermarks or identifiers
- break any of the basic WLM rules
As we have a large number of submissions this year, in this round we are also seeking to reduce the number of duplicate images and photos of the same monument, especially when submitted by the same uploader.
Round 3: Ranking
The selection of the top 10 will be determined according to the following criteria:
- all winning photos must show monuments on the official lists.
- Top 10 photos need to be of a caliber that fits in the international contest.
- no uploader can be in the top 3 more than once.
- any uploader whose photo makes it to the top 3 cannot have more than 1 other photo in the top 10.