Wiki Loves Art 2019
Wiki Loves Art 2019 is a series of events and exhibitions between 25 January and 7 April 2019 presented by Wikimedia Community Malta in collaboration with Fondazzjoni Kreattività's Spazju Kreattiv, the M3P Foundation, the Gabriel Caruana Foundation, and the US Embassy in Malta. Alongside the exhibitions, other activities will include a number of Wikipedia editing workshops. These events will further address the gender gap on Wikipedia whilst highlighting the work of women artists and their artistic contribution to Malta.
This initiatives building on similar work that has taken place in Malta since 2016, spearheaded by Wikimedia Community Malta in collaboration with various other non-profit organizations.
Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: 2013-2018
- Space A - Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta
- 25 January - 7 April 2019
The compilation of a detailed catalogue of Fondazzjoni Kreattività’s art collection – currently stored at St James Cavalier – has been ongoing since January 2016. Apart from works of art, the project is also identifying extensive documentation relating to creative projects, including proposals, press releases, photos, reviews, videos, and other material. In 2019, the project will host a display of archived pieces acquired between 2013 – 2018, along with related workshops, information-gathering sessions and talks. The overall research and archiving project is set to be completed in 2020 as part of Fondazzjoni Kreattività’s 20th Anniversary celebrations.
Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: Art+Feminism
- Space C - Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta
- 1 February - 31 March 2019
As part of a celebration of the Art+Feminism project initiated in Malta in 2018, through a collaboration between Wikimedia Community Malta, M3P Foundation and Spazju Kreattiv, a curated exhibition shows all the works by women artists from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività collection.
Wikimedia Community Malta Info Space
- Space B - Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta
- 14 February - 17 March 2019
This informative exhibition highlights the annual activities of Wikimedia Community Malta, coinciding with the 2019 edition of Wiki Loves Art and Art+Feminism, in combination with Spazju Kreattiv’s exhibitions of work from their art collection.
- Thursday 7 February: Wikipedia Editing Workshop at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 5:30pm
- Friday, 8 February: Gabriel Caruana Legacy Edit-a-thon at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 5:30pm
- Saturday, 9 February: Artistic Director’s Exhibition Tour at Spazju Kreattiv Space A and Space C from 11:00am
- Tuesday, 12 February: Preserving and Accessing the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Art Collection at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 7:00pm
- A conversation with artists whose work is in the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection
- Tuesday, 5 March: - Presentation by Dr Tracy Prince - Publishing Women's Stories - VC101 IT Services Building, University of Malta - Tal-Qroqq Campus from 2.00pm until 4.00pm
- Friday, 8 March: Art+Feminism 2019 Edit-a-thon at Spazju Kreattiv - Presentations by Nadette Xuereb, Caroline Tonna, Dr Tracy Prince, Letta Shtohryn and Andrew Pace - Space A from 3:30pm until 6:30pm
- Saturday 9 March: Art+Feminism 2019 Edit-a-thon at Spazju Kreattiv - Space A from 10:00am until 4:00pm
- Saturday, 9 March: Artistic Director’s Exhibition Tour at Spazju Kreattiv Space A and Space C from 11:00am
- Tuesday, 12 March: Presentation by Dr Tracy Prince - Art Residencies, Fellowships and Fundraising - Space B at Spazju Kreattiv from 7.00pm
- Addressing the Gender Gap in the Arts - Times of Malta, Tuesday 5 March 2019
- Raising women’s profile on Wikipedia - Times of Malta, Wednesday 6 March 2019
- MaltArti dwar Art+Feminism 2019 - TVM, Saturday 11 March 2019
- Spazju Kreattiv's Wiki Loves Art 2019 information page [in Maltese]
- Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: Documenting 2013-2018 - exhibition information from the M3P Foundation
- Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: Art+Feminism 2019 - exhibition information from the M3P Foundation
- Times of Malta coverage
- WLA 2019 outreach dashboard